Central air conditioning is one of the most widely used AC systems in the United States. Ask any Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) company, and they will confirm that it is a prevalent type of residential AC system. For new homeowners who are still deciding on what kind of air conditioning system to use in their house, it will be best to know the many advantages of a Central AC.
From costs to maintenance and indoor comfort levels, every homeowner should know what is in it for them if they choose the central type of air conditioning system. Read on air conditioner servicing.
Below are some of the benefits of central air conditioning:
1. Better indoor air quality. When a central air conditioning system cools a home, indoor air quality is much better compared to other types of air conditioning. Central AC has a filtration system that weeds out dust, dust mites, dander, pollution, and even other harmful substances and organisms like molds. There are different types of filter systems from central AC and one of which is High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter, which is perfect for homes with household members that have a compromised immune system.
2. Consistent indoor climate. Unlike homes that are cooled by other types of AC systems, a home with a central air conditioning system has constant indoor temperature throughout the house. The fundamental function of the AC makes it possible for a uniformly cooled air to waft throughout the home, ensuring that everyone in every room will feel comfortably relaxed.
3. Less noise pollution. For people that hate background noise, central air conditioning systems are perfect. Central AC works quietly in the background and can hardly be heard inside the house. The noisy operating mechanism is found outside the home – the condenser. SO for less noise pollution and zero background noise, go for a central air conditioner.
4. Convenient and user-friendly. Operating the central AC is no rocket science. In fact, for units that have Smart or wifi thermostats, all a homeowner needs is a small amount of time to initially program the AC, and it is good to go. Adjustments can be made through any internet-connected device, and the device can automatically adjust when it is cooler outside, or there is no one at home.
5. Perfect interiors. Central AC is unobtrusive. It is the perfect AC system for modern, minimal homes that have clean lines, and nothing but minimal décor on the walls. Central AC ducts are behind walls, and all there is to producing cold air in every area at home are vents and air registers.
6. Heating function. For areas that may need warmth for specific times throughout the year, it will be useful not to note that central ACs have heating capabilities too. Its ducts can also be utilized by the home heating system, thus helping the property owner save on additional ductwork.
Central air conditioning units may seem more expensive up front, especially since it requires professional installation and ductwork. In the end, though, it offers better indoor air quality, convenience, and comfort to every member of the household.